rotating banner

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spanish Bird of the Week #4: Eurasian Jackdaw

By James

Like all of the birds I’ve showcased thus far from my Spanish travels, the Eurasian Jackdaw was a very common bird, at least for my first two months in Seville. I first saw them hanging out on one of the countless cathedrals that speckle the city center.



Of course all of those looks meant the birds were 60 to 80 feet away from me, and way up high. Finally, on the same cloudy day I described last week, I found one feeding low in a tree. However, as birds have an annoying tendency to do, it lined itself up perfectly, with a branch going straight through the face.



The jackdaws, along with a host of other birds, seemed to move out as the weather got warm. This stick-through-the-face shot would have to do, but the change in seasons meant many more birds would come my way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment