rotating banner

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

#2 - Merlin; Durham, NC

Merlin - Durham, NC; 12/15/2009
Like I said earlier, this is primarily going to be a photoblog, and as James is the real photographer in the family, I'm gonna get rid of some of the worst pictures early on so we can get to the good stuff later. Merlins are very uncommon as far inland as Durham, but this Merlin had been showing up at a local golf course for a couple of years in a row when I decided to go visit it. It only showed up early in the morning or late at night, so it's really not the greatest shot, but I swear it's a Merlin! lol I got better looks through the scope, anyway. Unfortunately, the bird didn't show up the following year, which means James still hasn't gotten his lifer Merlin, but hopefully we're gonna rectify that this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment